I don't know  about all of you, but I would love to hear more about  Steph
Harvey's institute! I am guessing we may have several new members as a  result
of this session since I have heard that this listserv and the tools page  were
promoted there!

I am betting that many of these newest members have a lot less experience  in
strategy teaching and readers workshop.  Would any of our long term  members
like to talk a little about how they felt as newbies...how you went  about
making the change to strategy teaching...what was challenging for you and  how
you overcame the challenges?

As for me personally, I have been teaching strategies for a while, but I
finally have the go ahead to actually do readers workshop for some of my
intervention groups and I would love to hear how you all got started in
teaching
strategies in reading workshop. How do you set up the workshop? I am
particularly interested in how you balanced comprehension teaching with surface

structure systems in the primary grades! AND I will only have an hour a day
with  each
grade: K, 1 and 2
Jennifer

fuel-efficient used cars.