Hi everyone,
I hope you are all enjoying this holiday weekend.

This past Friday the Diane Rehm show on NPR had two guests who talked
about the demise of thinking in our schools. I found myself reaching for
the phones when they started talking about teaching. I wanted to scream,
"We are trying to do something about this. Have you read Mosaic of
Thought or To Understand?"

Maggie Jackson, journalist, author of a new book titled, "Distracted:
The Erosion of Attention and the Coming Dark Age" (Prometheus Books)

and

Rick Shenkman, history professor, editor and founder of George Mason
University 's History News Network, investigative reporter and author of
"Just How Stupid Are We? Facing the Truth About the American Voter"
(Basic Books)

You can listen to it here:
http://wamu.org/programs/dr/

Joy/NC/4

How children learn is as important as what they learn: process