Kim,

Can you explain this process again...I am not getting a visual.

leslie

-----Original Message-----
From: kimberlee hannan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 2:55 pm
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Personal Dictionary

I take the easy way.  I give my kids a manila file folder to use while
writing.  We label the inside pages "Unforgivables"  and "My Words."  As
they write, I have them ask for spellings, so they get into the habit of
compose using correct words.  I am the only one allowed to write in the My
Words section.  They ask the word, I write it.  Then they have it.  When I
add words to the "Unforgivables" list then they copy those.  I can glance to
see if they have written them correctly.

They have the reference.  I don't give spelling tests, so it works for them.
Kim

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Patti Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good Morning!
> Sorry for the cross posting but I'm looking for a good personal dictionary
> to download and use with my second graders during writers' workshop.  Anyone
> have a good site?  I tried searching with no success.  I really llike the
> one put out by edupress but don't want to pay the $$ for them.
> Thanks in advance!
> Patti

Kim
-------
Kimberlee Hannan
7th CORE-ELA & WH
Sequoia Middle School
Fresno, California 93702

The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book. ~Author Unknown

[EMAIL PROTECTED]