Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie
The Lightning Thief and the rest of the series

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kevin Kleinert
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 12:02 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] Middle school ESL

Hi my faithful Mosaic of Thought colleagues

I am moving from an elementary ESL position to a middle school position!

I am removed from adolescent literature.  Any thoughts on what might
interest my students in grades 7, 8 and 9.  Keep in mind most of my students
may be reading on a fourth grade level.

I am excited to apply the strategies I read about in "Less is More - Using
Short Text" by Kimberly Campbell.  I plan on using some of her text
suggestions.

Suggestions or thoughts!
Thank you,
Donna