Thanks for the great idea! However I have a Pc. I wonder if it would work on
that. Good luck with this!
  Jen

Angela Almond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I have also tried lots of different ways to organize and run my classroom
library. This year I am going to use a program designed for use in the
home to organize and manage your music. It is called Delicious Library.
It only works on Macs. I have entered in my books (very easy using the
built in Isight cameras, you just scan the barcode and it magically
appears.). I have over 800 books. When school starts, I will enter in
all of the fourth graders names as borrowers. When they find a book they
want to check out, they just type in the name of the book and the book
pops up on the screen. They then drag the book to their name and it is
checked out to that student. Then when they want to check it in, they
click on their name and choose "Check Book In" from a drop down menu.

I don't know how it is going to work. It seems like it will be one of the
easier methods I've tried. I am planning on letting the kids check the
books back in at the end of the school year. You can print off a list of
all of the books sorted by genre (which I customized to match the basket
that they are supposed to go in in my library). That way, I can give a
student a basket and the list of books supposed to be in there and they
can tell me what is missing. I plan on doing this to take up some of that
dreaded last week down time I have every year.

I know I've went on and on but I'm really excited about using the program
this year. You can google it if you want to know more. It's $40 for the
newest version but I found a link for the old version and it works great
and only cost $20.

Good Luck!

Angela Hatley Almond
Fourth Grade