Hello. Before our book discussion gets underway, I want to introduce myself
to this group. I am Kare here and Mrs. Kirk at work, where I teach second
grade. Here is the breakdown of teaching assignments over the past eighteen
years:

Year 1: substitute

Year 2: 6th grade

Years 3 & 4: K – 4th Special Ed

Summer Session: High School Special Ed

Year 5: 4th – 6th Special Ed

Year 6: 7th - 8th Special Ed

Summer Session: Migrant 1st -3rd

Year 7: 3rd grade

Year 8: 3rd – 8th English Language Learner

Year 9: 4th grade

Year 10: 1st grade

Years 11 – 17: 4th grade

Summer Sessions: 2nd grade

Year 18 – 2nd grade

This is my first year to implement Daily 5 and so far, it's going well. This
is also the first year that I've utilized lessons plans from *The First Six
Weeks of School*. I'm eager to continue the momentum of positive changes
with insights gleaned from *To Understand*
**
I've already carefully read the first four chapters of *To Understand *and
it's on my list of "Must Read Again" books. I'm concerned that I haven't
read *Mosaics of Thought*. Should I obtain *Mosaics of Thought* too, or am I
going to be okay without having read that?

Kare