Our K crew is starting this year to give grades.  I think they are using a
scale that converts DRA level to a letter grade, and they're including
DIBELS scores in there some how.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to know how would you grade a kindergartener on their
> comprehension?  Our district staff has come up with this wonderful idea of
> assigning a letter grade to a kinder's reading!  Does anyone else do that
> ?    Does anyone have any information that would be good to use to refute
> this?
>    Thanks,
>    Dian

Elisa M. Kifer
Third Grade Literacy Teacher
Fox Meadow Elementary

"Love of reading and writing is not taught, it is created.
Love of reading and writing is not required, it is inspired.
Love of reading and writing is not demanded, it is exemplified.
Love of reading and writing, is not exacted, it is quickened.
Love of reading and writing is not solicited, it is activated."
-Russell Stauffer, 1980