Just a tid bit for you....the read aloud books are not necessarily too
difficult for them to read independently!  In fact, some of the simplest
texts will lend them to a great strategy lesson.  So, don't be deceived by
that notion when you are choosing your books.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM, suzie herb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, some of the best books to use for think-alouds are picture story
> books.  I don't know what your school library is like but if limited, you
> might have to go picture story. I am imagining also that if these books are
> going to be read alouds and think alouds you want quite a range of different
> ones..I can't remember your grade level.  I would go for the quality of the
> book therefore and not the worry about the cover.  And the same book can be
> read many times over the year....just thoughts.

Elisa M. Kifer
Third Grade Literacy Teacher
Fox Meadow Elementary

"Love of reading and writing is not taught, it is created.
Love of reading and writing is not required, it is inspired.
Love of reading and writing is not demanded, it is exemplified.
Love of reading and writing, is not exacted, it is quickened.
Love of reading and writing is not solicited, it is activated."
-Russell Stauffer, 1980