  From: elisa kifer<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email
Group<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
  Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:12 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] conferring with students

  I know that in several workshops, I have heard that you "drop-in" on the
  student, but I too was having the same problem you are having.  My reading
  table is behind the students' desks, so I can see whatever is happening.  I
  just sit back there and quietly call the student's name I need to to confer
  with.  He/she comes to me at the reading table.  I have found that this is
  less distracting, b/c students are use to hearing a mumble at the reading
  table, since that is where i do my greading groups.

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org>.

http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive<http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive>.

  --
  Elisa M. Kifer
  Third Grade Literacy Teacher

  "Love of reading and writing is not taught, it is created.
  Love of reading and writing is not required, it is inspired.
  Love of reading and writing is not demanded, it is exemplified.
  Love of reading and writing, is not exacted, it is quickened.
  Love of reading and writing is not solicited, it is activated."
  -Russell Stauffer, 1980