Our county is beginning the textbook adoption process for ELA/Reading. We are
working hard to help our teachers teach reading using Balanced Literacy. Have
any of you adopted materials that you feel really support the use of Balanced
Literacy? I have a sample of Celebration Press's "Good Habits, Great Readers",
which has lots of guided reading support and shared reading even through upper
elementary. They address good comprehension strategies thorughout and it looks
pretty good. Do you know of any other good matierals? We don't necessarily need
to adopt a basal, and in fact are wanting to look "outside the box" on this and
try to buy more leveled readers as support for teachers if possible. But we
nknow that new teachers need support to help them organize their day. Any
insights you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Heather Wall/ Instructional Coach/ Georgia
NBCT 2005
Literacy: Reading - Language Arts