A wonderful unit on the Mystery genre can be found at Beth Newingham's
site.  Just google her and go to "Teacher Resources."  It is wonderful!
We've done it w/3rd grade the last 2 years.

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 11:48 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi.
> I went http://rwproject.tc.columbia.edu, but found that I needed to be a
> project member.?
> Do you have a different link that might help us?? I'm looking to find
> support for developing genre units of study for 3rd grade.?? If you (or
> anyone) has helpful information, it would be greatl appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Andrea
> Martha

Elisa M. Kifer
Third Grade Literacy Teacher
Fox Meadow Elementary

"Love of reading and writing is not taught, it is created.
Love of reading and writing is not required, it is inspired.
Love of reading and writing is not demanded, it is exemplified.
Love of reading and writing, is not exacted, it is quickened.
Love of reading and writing is not solicited, it is activated."
-Russell Stauffer, 1980