just google four blocks and pat cunningham and dottie hall. They have many
books and you can follow their journey.... I think four blocks gets poo-poohed
a  lot by true reader's workshop followers actually earning itself the
nickname  "training wheels for readers' workshop" but I think it is more about
teacher  style, student population, and concept..... it works for me...

Four blocks resources are often geared to grade levels... their  working with
words block needs to be expanded a lot.... but the techniques are  sound and
research based.... I think of four blocks as the coat rack or bones on  to
which I add embellishments, .. other programs or schools of thought... if you
will.

In a message dated 10/4/2008 8:33:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,