I wondered if anyone else recommends the book:  Reading with the Troubled
Reader (Paperback)
by Margaret Yatsevitch
Phinney<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Margaret%20Yatsevitch%20Phinney>
 (Author).  I am concerned because of the publishing date 1988.  Does it
connect to current research and practice?  I also think it might be for older
students.
Editorial Review
Product Description
This is a handbook for use in identifying troubled readers and planning their
recovery work.

About the Author
MARGARET PHINNEY believes that it is the responsibility of educational
institutions to develop confident, literate, socially responsible thinkers and
doers. She is one herself: a practical activist who allows herself to be
informed by sound theory.
________________________________
Product Details
*         Paperback: 138 pages
*         Publisher: Heinemann (December 29, 1988)
*         Language: English
*         ISBN-10: 0435084801
*         ISBN-13: 978-0435084806
*         Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.5 inches
*         Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
*         Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the
first.<http://www.amazon.com/review/create-review/ref=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_wr_link?ie=UTF8&nodeID=&asin=0435084801>