This is a fantastic idea and one I will store away for the future.  It wouldn't
work at my current school because 'the book has to be at the just right level'
for every reader!!!!  I can't imagine having to DRA all the parents as well!!!
I can imagine how easily this could become a yearly event and a focus for the
community with the school.  It's a great idea.  Thanks for sharing.