Check out Debbie Miller's videos... she gets first graders to do it
beautifully... so does Lucy Calkins... and I have seen first hand how Shelley
Harwayne did it it my classroom.... there is something about taking your lead
from
the kid rather than leading the kid... and being quick on your feet....to  take
something they said... and make it work... all of these gurus do it
seamlessly...

In a message dated 12/14/2008 7:49:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,