Hello Beverlee,

We are in our second year of Literacy by Design. Authors are L. Hoyt, Marzano etc. We are being asked, observed. checked on, to follow the program. It focuses on the comprehension strategies and basically has a script you can follow. While the say we can supplement administrator come to your room and ask for your Rigby evidence. Every time I do a lesson with rich literature even though I am teaching the same skills I am reminded to follow the anthology. It does center on the reading strategies and the stories do not lend them selves to character study, plot or genre studies. I am finding it very frustrating and feel my lessons have gone backwards. Maybe my bias but my students do not seem to be as excited about reading. They are definitely not as excited to explore text and us inquiry skills as they read. I could go on I have to do this twice a day!

Joanne/Ohio/3rd Language arts