Look into the Irlen Institute colored acetate overlays.

-----Original Message-----
From: mosaic-boun...@literacyworkshop.org
[mailto:mosaic-boun...@literacyworkshop.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Olimpieri
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 10:25 AM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Fluency Question

I have a student that reads well silently, her comprehension is fabulous,
higher order thinker. However, when she reads orally, it is very choppy. I
happen to be friends with her mother and she is frustrated because she has
addressed this issue for the last couple of years and basically the school
isn't doing anything anymore. The child is currently in fourth grade,
received small group instruction is 2nd and 3rd grades and her mother also
paid for her to have vision therapy. Nothing seems to help improve her
fluency since it is not impacting her comprehension. Can anyone give me some
suggestions on how I may help this child.