I tend to agree with you Lori. They certainly can find the tricky word if
the line where the error occurs is marked.... and actually your response has
 made me feel much better.... prompts are the deal in first grade... I was
just  hoping more "automaticity " would follow.... but when you think about
the  muti-steps of writing for content... perhaps it is just not realistic
that all  that heavy work would go on without support in first grade.

In a message dated 4/19/2009 9:10:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,