Joy-

I can help in any way. I just joined this discussion group, so I'm new at this.

Gwen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joy" <jwidm...@rocketmail.com>
To: "Mosaic" <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:31:13 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [MOSAIC] Strategy discussion

I've read the posts about the upcoming strategy discussion, and it strikes me
that many of you are looking for lesson ideas rather thanmore forms, templates,
or "stuff." I know that we have the best teachers on this list, and this seems
like a natural focus for us.

I'd like to add that I'd like to hear about specific texts you use with your
class. While the strategies work with any text, I'm particularly interested in
learning about reading selections used in various grades that provide a clear
example of each strategy. (Mentor texts, if you will.)

I think it would be great for us to develop a list like this to help teachers
who are beginning with strategy instruction. I'd be willing to keep a list of
the texts and strategies, anyone willing to revise/edit the list to make sure I
don't miss something?

Joy/NC/4

How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and content go
hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org