Thank you Jeanne.  I appreciate the suggestions very much.  They will really
help.

Patty

----- Original Message -----

From: Jeanne Petty <jag_39_1...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Reading for high first graders
To: mosaic listserve <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>

My top reading group in first grade LOVES the Magic Treehouse series
(especially the one about the Titanic).  They also enjoyed books from the
Horrible Harry, Cam Jansen and Marvin Redpost series.  They liked reading Stone
Fox too.  I think the key is to get children reading books that they can
connect with or empathize with through the characters.  I love the awesome
discussions we have over these types of stories.

                                                                    Jeanne