-----Original Message-----
From: mosaic-bounces+cbowman=ouesd.k12.ca...@literacyworkshop.org on behalf of
lbu...@stny.rr.com
Sent: Sun 7/12/2009 2:56 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] (MOSAIC)  Another Great Resource

Debbie,

I just wanted to tell you - Adrienne does sell a poster that goes with her
book.  It has pieces that have the strategies on them that can be put on the
head.  I use it in my room and it is also two sided with a girl on one side and
a boy on the other.  She a uses transform instead of synthesize.  She explained
it to me - saying it is easier for young children to understand than the word
synthesize.  You can contact her for the poster - it is not expensive.

Linda Buice

Debbie wrote:

I was unable to find posters.  what is the website to find brain.  Caroline
I bought Adrienne Gear's books last winter, Reading Power and Nonfiction
Reading
Power. They are fabulous. She marries all the other good reading comprehension
books together into lessons with visuals and literature that are easy to follow
and understandable for children.? I loved her "brain" visual of how all the
reading strategies work together and also had a drawing of it in my room.? I'm
hoping she'll put out a poster with it, my drawings aren't very good!