Off-topic, but nice, blog, Elisa!

Arlene in NYC

In a message dated 7/24/2009 9:18:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
elwaingor...@cbe.ab.ca writes:

Yes,  Sally.  I agree with you.  And, this speaks to the incredible
(destructive/divisive) power of this particular frame: whole language vs.
phonics.  By speaking truth to power (through testimonies, for example)  we
have a
chance of changing this.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2  Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best  and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even
touched. They  must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A  Teacher's Ruminations, and post a  message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/
Some  lately
work" I do through the years.... A valuable part of growth in  literacy.
The
phonics I hate oversimplifies and is taken out of  context and occurs in one
size fits all and on and on.  We may all be  talking right past each other
at
least some of the time.

Sally

Search  the MOSAIC archives at  http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.