I got a grant for about 10 titles of this author, with 7 books of each title. I plan to use them to introduce math concepts in small groups.

Rosiec

-----Original Message-----
From: craigz...@aol.com
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Fri, Jul 24, 2009 12:17 am
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] integrating picture books in all content areas

Megan,
I've just purchased a series of picture books for math called MathStart by Stuart J Murphy, published by Harper Collins. There are 3 levels: Level 1--ages 3 and up, Level 2--ages 6 and up, and Level 3--ages 7 and up. Also included are suggestions for adults to use with children, activities to help
extend the concepts presented, and other books that reinforce the same
concept.  The web site is: _www.mathstartbooks.com_
(http://www.mathstartbooks.com) .
My 6 year old granddaughter loves these books.

Sue Zahn
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377105x1201454426/aol?redir=
http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul