Are your analytic reading rubrics used by the state of Illinois now or just that district? Any links to view them? I'd like to see a set worked out by teachers.

----- Original Message ----- From: <hccarl...@comcast.net> To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group" <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] analytic versus holistic rubrics

The state of Illinois uses a holistic rubric to evaluate a response to reading. I found it difficult to teach the specific criteria to both students and teachers. In my last district, I reworked the rubrics with help from a committee into an analytic rubric. That way, the students knew specifically what skills were being assessed and could more easily find the evidence in their answers.

Carol
----- Original Message ----- From: kjcec...@aol.com