Hi All,
I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with a 4th grade boy who likes to
read and won't do anything else but read (I know, hard to believe). He reads
instead of doing his homework. He finishes his in-class schoolwork fast in
order to read. The teacher tells her class that if they finish their work
early they could read. So, this fellow finishes early -- rushing -- and then
reads. He has become somewhat passive in wanting to do anything but read.
Any ideas on how to help his learning be more enriched because of his
willingness to read??
Judy

Education would be so much more effective if its purpose were to ensure that
by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they
don't know, and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it."
--Sir William Haley,
British newspaper editor and broadcasting administrator