Thanks, Sally -- this is great! Any more advice would be greatly
appreciated.
Judy

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Sally Thomas <sally.thom...@verizon.net>wrote:

> With this type situation I usually negotiate a compromise.  First step
> might
> be every third book would be an alternative and that alternative might be
> another type of fish!  And go on like that in baby steps.
> Sally
>

> On 5/24/11 6:44 AM, "judy fiene" <jfie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I did a presentation last night for a PTA group. My focus was on how to
> get
> > your kids excited about reading. One mother had a question that stumped
> me.
> > She stated that her eight year old son enjoys reading, but he's very
> > specific about what he likes to read. He will only read books about
> sharks.
> > He's been like this for a couple of years now. He can't seem to get
> enough
> > books on this topic. She stated that the librarian at her local library
> is
> > running out of book selections that are at his reading level. She doesn't
> > want to squelch his passion for reading, but she also wants him to be
> > prepared for books he may not want to read but needs to read for school.
> I'm
> > curious to know your thoughts.
> > Judy
> >

> > On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Lise <ite...@cybertrails.com> wrote:
> >
> >> What is the url for finding the exemplars for middle school literature?
> >>
> >> It's on the Common Core Standards Website
> >>
> >> Here is the link:  http://www.corestandards.org/assets/Appendix_B.pdf
> >>
> >> Lise
> >> 7/8th grade Humanities
> >> NBCT/EA/ELA

> .
> >>
> >> Search the MOSAIC archives at http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive.

Judy

Education would be so much more effective if its purpose were to ensure that
by the time they leave school every boy and girl should know how much they
don't know, and be imbued with a lifelong desire to know it."
--Sir William Haley,
British newspaper editor and broadcasting administrator