Fountas & Pinnell have created a reader's notebook which can be purchased
online at  <http://www.heinemann.com/products/E02959.aspx>
http://www.heinemann.com/products/E02959.aspx

for $6 - $8/per book.

As a 6th grade Reading teacher with 110 kids on my caseload, our district
could never afford to purchase one per student. Alternatively, Donalyn
Miller (Book Whisperer) has her students create their own reader's notebook
out of a 70-page single-subject spiral notebook, but it would be A LOT of
work, with time spent numbering pages and gluing photocopies onto paper.
Time that could be better spent on mini-lessons teaching comprehension
strategies followed by uninterrupted blocks of independent reading time with
1:1 conferencing built in.

Does anyone know of a less expensive alternative to the F&P Reader's
Notebook, i.e., other vendors who sell a similar item online?  I've included
the link so that you can view the contents of the Fountas and Pinnell
version.

Thanks!

Stacey McDonald

Team 6-1 Reading Teacher