Have you looked into QAR (Question-Answer Relationship)?

-----Original Message-----
From: mosaic-bounces+cllc=ca.rr....@literacyworkshop.org
[mailto:mosaic-bounces+cllc=ca.rr....@literacyworkshop.org] On Behalf Of
Tammy Hutchinson
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:51 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] literacy and science

*RE: I am investigating the use of literacy during science instruction.  The
utilization of reading comprehension strategies during the reading of
science text could influence students' achievement in reading and science.
 What comprehension strategies would you recommend to use during science
that would help a student to better understand the text and utltimately
improve their achievement level in reading and also science? This
investigation is being targeted at third, fourth, and fifth grade students.*

Delta Science has an informational science book series, *Seeds of Science,
Roots of Reading,* that might be useful for you. Explore the strategy guides
under teacher resources. I have just a few single copies of their books but
have used the strategy guides with other informational books on the similar
topics.

http://www.scienceandliteracy.org/