To: <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:49 PM
Subject: [MOSAIC] F & P Monthly Check

I have seen many requests for monthly benchmarks.  My question about this
is--how do you determine the FP level on a monthly basis?  Surely you
wouldn't do the benchmark every month, would you?  That to me would seem
to be over testing on the benchmark.  But how else do you determine the
students' level unless you are actually doing the benchmark?

Also, how would have the time to do a monthly FP benchmark?  You'd be
spending all your time doing the assessment.  I must be missing something.

Sandy
4th grade teacher