I agree with you Jennifer,  It's about the strategies that we know,
modeling, gradual release by having kids apply strategies and thinking
through turn and talk and sharing out.  It's about the gift of time - this
doesn't happen immediately for every child.  Lots of time for children to
gradually make this their own!!!  I think even the best of us sometimes
think it's always going to happen quickly.  I always always remember annie
sullivan telling Helen keller's mother - when she asked how long it would
take for the finger spelling to reach Helen - that it might take a million
(I think that's what she said ) times but it did happen.  Not that we need a
million times but I found that I always had to to give it the time that was
needed!!!

Sally