My district mandates a formative (district made with teacher input) every 3-4
weeks, and a summative or trimester test before report cards.  We use a program
called "Measures" that allows you to see how your class performed overall and
by
individual standards.  I feel like we test, test, test, test.  The district
also
pulls the trimester scores and compares schools.  Unfortunately they are
comparing EO schools to Title 1 schools and the latter don't fare as well.  Bah
Humbug...for testing.  Yes, the info drives the curr. but I feel we are
cheating
the students in so many ways.  I just don't agree to teaching to the test.
Probably didn't answer your question, but it felt good to share.

Brenda
CA/4