From: mosaic-bounces+sdluhos=schools.nyc....@literacyworkshop.org
[mosaic-bounces+sdluhos=schools.nyc....@literacyworkshop.org] on behalf of Judy
Shenker [jshen...@lcc.ca]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:40 PM
To: Mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] Summer Professional Read

Hello from Montreal!

Our Junior School (grades K-6) PLC this year (and for the next two years) has
focused on the explicit instruction of Reading Comprehension Strategies. The
interest is high, teachers are beginning to embed this type of instruction into
their classrooms and lots of talking and sharing has been happening as a
result!  Very exciting! The big question on the table at the moment is how to
assess?? Specifically, teacher friendly practical ways to assess use of
strategies NOT just knowledge of strategies. We have a professional read each
summer and I am looking for the best book on the topic. Any suggestions? Thanks
to everyone in this group – I can't think of a better place to get this type of
advice!

Judy

Judy Shenker
Learning Enrichment And Development Coordinator
Coordinatrice en enrichissement et développement de l'apprentissage

Lower Canada College
4090, avenue Royal
Montréal (Québec)   H4A 2M5
Téléphone  (514) 482-9797 ext. 333