Reading Power, Adrienne Gear is great for lessons on Connections,
Questioning, Visualizing, Inferring, and Synthesizing.  I spent a month on
each last year with my students, all straight from lessons in this book,
and it tells you the exact children's books you can use with each skill.

--
Julie Moore
Fourth Grade Teacher