Angela
You and I are on the same page. It is more than "good girl" --it is all about
the mindset where we judge a student instead of focusing on the learning
process. I found that when Johnston describes the conversations between
teachers and students, I learn a great deal about how I should be talking to
kids. It seems to me that it is about PROCESS. When we focus on the quality of
the work, instead of "how did you figure that out" we are developing a fixed
mindset...
More on that as we move the discussion forward into the next few chapters...

Jennifer L. Palmer, Ed. D.

Instructional Facilitator

National Board Certified Teacher

Magnolia Elementary (home school)

901 Trimble Road

Joppa, MD 21085

410-612-1553

Fax 410-612-1576

"Reaching, Teaching, Learning, Changing Lives!!"

Norrisville Elementary

5302 Norrisville Road

White Hall, MD 21161

410-692-7810