I'd love a conversation about the Common Core State Standards. I cannot figure out how I am supposed to understand what the standards mean without seeing sample test questions. The standards seem extremely challenging to me.
For example, one of the 8th grade standards for literature is
Analyze how a modern work of fiction draws on themes, patterns of events, or character types from myths, traditional stories, or religious works such as the Bible, including describing how the material is rendered new. How modern is "modern'? I really fear the Bible part. Whose Bible? What am I allowed to say about the Bible in a public school? All the "or's" in the sentence make me think I'm supposed to pick what to emphasize, but I don't believe that's true.
Where do I look to find someone who can answer my questions?
Jan

Quoting "Palmer, Jennifer" <jennifer.pal...@hcps.org>:
We've been quiet... As we often are in early summer. Who wants to get things
started?

Sent from my iPhone