there is a error message from the decoder.
     ERROR:Expected at least 5 tokens per entries in 'ttable-file', but
only found 4
however, it's lost in all the credits and param explanation. So I've
moved those out of the way when there's an error so that we can see
message properly

chris - we can add a default=1 but talked to pwilliams about it, would
need to keep the back compatiblity in the mert scripts & other places
too. Would just be a source of constant bugs.

On 11/05/2010 17:28, Barry Haddow wrote:
> Maybe a more transparent error message would help?
>
> On Tuesday 11 May 2010 17:20:26 Hieu Hoang wrote:
>
>> i thought about making it back-compatible but the code gets messy and
>> error prone. Theres now 3 more phrase table - the text SCFG, binary
>> SCFG, and the suffix array.
>>
>> So i thought it better to take the punch now and feel a short, sharp
>> pain rather than let it linger.
>>
>> however, anyone wants to put back the old code to make it back comp,
>> they're welcome to, as long as u look after it
>>
>> On 11/05/2010 17:04, Christian Hardmeier wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Is there a reason why we can't have backwards compatibility here? I'm a
>>> bit concerned about moving to the latest decoder version since it will
>>> require me to update the configuration file of each and every system
>>> I've ever trained, and then they won't work with the old decoders any
>>> more. Couldn't the decoder figure out on its own whether it should be 0
>>> or 1 if the indication is missing, as it used to do?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Christian