Hi all

Is there a way with moses to translate numbers by considering them as
all part of the number category, but keeping the surface form intact ?

Let's say I have this in the learning corpus:
99|number bottles|noun of|prep beer|noun
And I want to translate this:
98|number bottles|noun of|prep beer|noun

If I train a model only on POS tags, it will only recognize the
sequence "number noun prep noun" but not the surface forms. If I train
it either only on the surface forms or on the combination of form+POS,
it will not recognize that 98 can take the place of 99 ?

The option I thought of is to replace numbers with just a "<number>"
tag and then translate the surface forms. But then, keeping trace of
which number it was is not very practical: I need to use a factor for
this, and I must add it to each word ?

--
Raphael Payen