Hi folks,

although "just slower" you might indeed still want to compile IRSTLM and
SRILM at least to estimate and build your LM files.

We are currently working to get a new release of IRSTLM ready which should
be both faster and thread safe. It will also provide new features that will
allow to
manage different sorts of LMs which are currently not supported by the other
LM libraries.

Please notice that we are NOT inviting you to NOT use other's  software.
We are in fact thankful to the other open source developers for providing
to the community good quality and useful software.

We also like to see fair comparisons among different implementations  and
believe that these can stimulate further technology  improvements to the
benefit  of all.

Finally, we like thinking of our work like a friendly competition in which no
one is trying to diminish the other's work.

Greetings,

Marcello Federico