If I might edge myself into this interesting conversion...

Sourceforge comes with an opt-in mediawiki app, e.g. Marcello and Nicola
make us of it for IRSTLM (which is nicely done btw)
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/irstlm/index.php?title=Main_Page
But since Moses moved to Git, this would be more confusing than an option.

I found a nice blog on the github site about git-backed wikis:
https://github.com/blog/699-making-github-more-open-git-backed-wikis
As far as I skimmed the text, each wiki can be set up to a Git repository,
so you're able to push and pull them like anything else. Each wiki respects
the same permissions as the source repository. In other words: Each page
should be file in a directory and each change should be a commit. They
support eight formats with context sensitive help and a toolbar; reference
images are hosted inside the Git repository. Furthermore, you're able to see
diffs of changes for the wiki.

There's also a ruby library for implementing such as wiki. gollum provides a
ruby API for accessing and modifying the content, and also includes a small
Sinatra web server.
https://github.com/github/gollum
A demo gollum wiki can be cloned here:
https://github.com/mojombo/gollum-demo