Hi,

we are currently working on  a project that includes incremental training of
LMs.
Hence, there are plans to introduce quick adaptation in IRSTLM, but not soon.

The question is indeed how often you need to adapt the LM. If you are working
with large news LMs then it seems that adapting once a week is enough (you
simply do not collect enough data in fewer days to significantly change the
LM).

If you want to continuously update the LM you can also consider using an
external
interpolation.  You interpolate two distinct LMs, one fixed and one smaller
that
is continuously retrained (should be fast to do), using the interpolate-lm
command (see manual).

Greetings,
Marcello