hi thomas,

I've written something on the website about syntax models. Also figured out why 'inputtype=3' is need even for hiero models.

The new docs is at the bottom of the page
   http://www.statmt.org/moses/?n=Moses.SyntaxTutorial
  Section: Different Kinds of Syntax Models

It doc is still pretty rough at the moment, if there's anything that's confusing, please PM me and i'll try & sort it out