Barry Haddow <bhaddow@...> writes:

> The NaNs in the MultiEval output are a bit strange. I'm not familiar
> with this tool, but Moses contains multi-bleu.pl (in scripts/generic)
> which you can also use to calculate Bleu,
>
> cheers - Barry

s_opt is the variance of different optimizer runs. MultEval is intended to deal
with optimizer instability, and is most useful if you run your optimizer (e.g.
MERT) multiple times, and create multiple hypotheses per system.

With only one hypothesis per system, there is no way to calculate optimizer
variance, and you get NaN for this field.

Rico