Hi,

it was not the main topic of the paper, but in

Log-linear weight optimisation via Bayesian adaptation in statistical machine translation. Germán Sanchis-Trilles, Francisco Casacuberta.
CoLing 2010. http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/C/C10/C10-2124.pdf

I published some stability results for MERT. In addition, there is also this paper

Better Hypothesis Testing for Statistical Machine Translation: Controlling for Optimizer Instability. J.H. Clark, C. Dyer, A. Lavie, N.A. Smith. ACL-HLT 2011. www.aclweb.org/anthology/P11-2031.pdf

where an analysis of different optimizer strategies is performed, in terms of stability.

Cheers,

Germán