The tree-to-string model is faster for decoding, compared to hiero model,
and much faster compared to string-to-tree.

therefore, imo, you don't need to prune because pruning always causes
search errors.

if you mean filtering by input sentences to get rid of rules you know will
never apply (ie. not pruning bad rules which may apply), then I think you
can hack filter-pt to do it.

I don't think no-one done it 'cos not a lot of people work on tree-to-string

On 23 July 2013 23:11, Marcin Junczys-Dowmunt <junc...@amu.edu.pl> wrote:

> Hi list,
> If I am not mistaken, there is currently no functionality to prune
> tree-to-string rule tables. Do you think it makes sense to use filter-pt
> for hierarchical rules instead, for instance by replacing category
> symbols with the generic [X]. After pruning I would have to reintroduce
> the syntactic categories. I think in the worst case this should result
> in under-pruning, keeping more rules than neccessary. Any thoughts why
> this might be a bad idea before I start implementing this?
> Thanks,
> Marcin

Hieu Hoang
Research Associate