Philipp Koehn schreef op de 17e dag van de lentemaand van het jaar 2014:

> Hi,
>
> by default, the maximum number of factors is 4, but you are using 5
> output factors.
>
> You can recompile Moses with an additional switch:
> bjam --max-factors=5

I tried that. I get the same error.

Hmm, tried that again, and now it does work without error.
Strange.

> I am a bit concerned about your model since it generates a large number
> of output factors independently, which may lead to an explosion of possible
> translation options where all good choices get pruned out before you get
> to the generation step which will eliminate all the impossible combinations.
>
> It would be probably a good idea to use this complex factored setup only
> as a back-off for unknown words. For details, please look at the following
> paper: http://amta2012.amtaweb.org/AMTA2012Files/papers/147.pdf

Thanks. I will look into that. I am still trying to understand
how to use factors to get a better translator.

I have two goals.

1. I want to know what Moses is capable of, to compare its best
result to the result of a new translation system that is still
being develloped. For this, I need to get an understanding of
factored models and hierarchical models (First result with
hierarchical model: it works, but worse than basic model).

2. I want to get word alignments that are as good as possible,
because we need it for building the new system. And I have seen
some very bad word alignments produced by Giza++. Currently,
Moses uses factors only in the model. I am wondering if you
could use factors to get better word alignments. Another thing I
was thinking about is if you could use a trained (and
tuned) model to guide the word alignment, that way improving on
the original alignment, possably in an iterative process.

At the moment, I am still strugling with goal 1.

--
Peter Kleiweg
http://pkleiweg.home.xs4all.nl/