Hi,
since KenLM uses shared memory, four instances should take up the same amount of memory as only one instance (ran yesterday 8 instances with 8 threads each with a 99GB LM on a 128 GB machine). If the model fits into memory for a single instance it should work if you have enough memory left for all the phrase tables and the translation process itself (I guess this is actually the problem). Lazy loading was unbearably slow for me with the above mentioned configuration, but I was using 64 threads in total, so a lot of concurrent disk access happing, no wonder there.
Best,
Marcin