Hi All,

I have a question about implementing sparse feature function.
I went through the details on its implementation, still somethings are not
clear.
FYI, I am using an old version of moses which dates back to Release 0.91 I
guess. So, I am sorry if my questions don't relate to the latest
implementation.

1. I was looking at the TargetNgramFeature where MakePrefixNgrams adds
features in Evaluate function. From the code it seems MakePrefixNgrams is
adding sparse features on the fly. Is it correct?

what is the weight assigned to this newly added feature? 1 or 0?

2. What is the difference between these two functions?

*void PlusEquals(const ScoreProducer*sp, const std::string& name, float
score)*

*void SparsePlusEquals(const std::string& full_name, float score)*

It seems like both of them are used for updating sparse feature values..
correct?
Or, do the first one points to sparse features of a particular FF and
second one to generic sparse features?

3. How is the structure like if I use one StatelessFeatureFunction with
unlimited scores? Is it different from having unlimited sparse features?

I assume if there is one FF then there is one weight assigned to it but in
the case of sparse features I have one weight for each feature.

4. In general when should I compute the sparse features?

Thanks for the patience,
--Prashant

PS: I am still trying to figure out stuff, so questions might seem stupid.