Li Xiang <lixiang.ict@...> writes:

> I compile Moses with tcmalloc. How can I test whether tcmalloc is used and
evaluate the performance ?

there's probably many ways, but here's three:

at compile time, you will see the following message if tcmalloc is not enabled:

"Tip: install tcmalloc for faster threading.  See BUILD-INSTRUCTIONS.txt for
more information."

you can also use '--without-tcmalloc' to disable tcmalloc and compare speed
to a binary that is compiled with tcmalloc.

If you use profiling tools (such as 'perf'), you can see which malloc is
being called. 'perf top' shows me this line, among others:

  1.75%  moses_chart  moses                [.]
tcmalloc::ThreadCache::ReleaseToCentralCache(tcmalloc::ThreadCache::FreeList*,
unsigned long, int