Hi,

A question concerning METEOR, maybe someone has some experience. I am
seeing huge differences between values for English with the defauly task
"ranking" and any other of the tasks (e.g. "adq"). up to 30-40 points.
Is this normal? In the literature I only ever see marginal differences
of maybe 1 or 2 per cent but nothing like 35% vs. 65%. For the language
independent setting is still get a score of 55%.

See for instance:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~alavie/METEOR/pdf/meteor-wmt11.pdf for the
Urdu-English system for much smaller differences between "ranking" and
"adq". I get the same discrepancies with meteor-1.3.jar and
meteor-1.5.jar

Cheers,

Marcin