Hi Amir,

I'm implementing a feature function in moses-chart. I need the source words
> string and also their indexes in the source sentence. I've written a
> function that gets the source words but I don't know how extract word
> string from a word.
> could anyone guide me how to do that? as I know, each word is implemented
> as an array of factors, which of them is its string?

You can utilize some of the following functions to get the source
information:

//target phrase and range
const TargetPhrase& currTargetPhrase = cur_hypo.GetCurrTargetPhrase();
const WordsRange& sourceWordRage = cur_hypo.GetCurrSourceWordsRange();

//source sentence
Manager& manager = cur_hypo.GetManager();
const Sentence& source_sent = static_cast<const
Sentence&>(manager.GetSource());

//alignment
const AlignmentInfo& alignments = targetPhrase.GetAlignTerm();

 I have also some questions about the states in the stateful features,
> what kind of variables should be stored in each state? only those ones
> that should be used in the compare function? or any variable from the
> previous hypothesis  that we use in our feature?

Normally, for stateful functions, for instance, previous target words will
be stored.

--
Cheers,
Vu